We Collect Information From and About You
- We collect contact information. For example, we might collect your name and email address. We may also collect your phone number or mailing address. We collect demographic information. We may collect information like your gender, age and language preferences.
- If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you're using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us.
We Collect Information in Different Ways
- We collect information directly from you when you make a reservation online with us.
- We collect information passively. We use tracking tools like browser cookies and web beacons to collect information from you. We collect information about users over time when you use this website. We may have third parties collect personal information this way. Learn more about these tools and how you can control them, here. We also collect information from our mobile apps.
- We get information about you from third parties. We may get information from our authorized licensees or their licensees, or from other third parties with whom we do business. We may get information from persons acting on your behalf, for example if someone makes a reservation for you. We may also get information from social media platforms.
- We combine information. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. Or we may combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
We Use Information as Disclosed and Described Here
- We use information to respond to your requests or questions. For example, we will use your information to fulfill a request for a hotel reservation.
- We use information to improve our websites and services. We may use your information to make our hotels and services. We might use your information to customize your experience with us. We may combine information we get from you with information about you we get from third parties.
- We use information for marketing purposes. For example, we might send you information about new services and special offers. We might also use your information to serve you ads about our hotels, loyalty programs and offers. We might tell you about new features or updates. These might be third party offers or products we think you might find interesting.
- We will share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with vendors who send emails for us. We also share information with companies that help us operate our sites or run promotions. Some vendors may be located outside of the United States.
- We may share your information with our business partners. For example, we might share information with third parties who co-sponsor a promotion. Some of these partners may send you information about products or services by mail or email.
- We will share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. Or we may share your information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner's list. We may share information if a government agency or investigatory body requests it. We might share information if we are investigating potential fraud. This might include fraud we think has happened during a promotion.
- We may share information with a successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business is sold we may include user information as part of that transaction.
- We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you from time to time.